posts tagged "technology"
My Tips for Sleeping Well!
- Try not to take naps - this will ensure you will be tired at bedtime.
- Create a rythm - go to sleep and wake up at the same time everyday (even on weekends) so that your body falls into a regular pattern. (Google “circadian rythm”)
- Have sleep rituals - do specific things before bed every night that you associate with bedtime like reading a book or magazine, drinking warm tea or listen to relaxing music
- Avoid caffeine - caffeine from sodas, coffee and some teas will stimulate your brain and keep you from falling asleep
- Keep it quiet - don’t have the tv on or other loud noises (unless the subtle sounds are currently helping) as they can keep you from peaceful sleep
- Shut off technology - bright LED lights mess with your circadian rythm (specifically blue light from things like cell phones and computers)