Your not any less of a black girl if you don’t have a booty.
Your not any less of a black girl if you can’t dance.
Your not any less of a black girl if you don’t have any curves.
I find a lot of black girls feeling complacent if they do not have these certain attributes, that almost seem synonyms to Black Women. Your blackness is not and should not be defined by this.
I also see a lot of people, black or non black, who help perpetrate these stereotypes and it needs to end.
IF A GAY/ATHEIST/GENDERQUEER FRIEND IS ACTING STRAIGHT/RELIGIOUS/CIS AROUND FAMILY OR FRIENDS DONT FUCKING SAY “wait, I thought you said you were _______” THIS MEANS THEY HAVEN’T COME OUT AND IT MIGHT NOT BE SAFE FOR THEM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DONT OUT YOUR FRIENDS
Never compare your trauma to that of someone else.
How to feel better about yourself:
1. Sleep without underwear every once and a while, it’s good for you. Maybe even try sleeping naked.
2. Take long baths with tea, ice cream, or whatever you please. Throw in bubbles if that’s your style.
3. Look at yourself like you look at your best friend. Find the freckles you love, what your eyes look best with, what hairstyle compliments your smile.
4. When you look at your naked body in the mirror, only think good things. Say compliments to yourself aloud. Watch yourself smile, and encourage yourself.
5. Take yourself out on a date. Treat yourself to the things you love. You’re alone yes, but there is nothing wrong with that. Remember all the times you were smothered by people and talking crowds, and you only wanted to be alone with yourself.
6. Write yourself a love note. Tell yourself your favorite things about you, and tell yourself all the things you want to become. Tell yourself you’ll love you forever.
7. Take pictures of yourself. Selfies are magnificent! Take 500! Take them everywhere! Find the good lighting! Pick your favorite one and realize what a wonderful work of art you are.
8. Acknowledge your accomplishments, all of them. Got out of bed? It’s hard sometimes and it’s been hard before, so honestly great job. Drink lots of water, and at the end of the day congratulate yourself for staying hydrated. Let yourself know when you are proud, and soak up the feeling of “well done”.